“I am in love with hope.” – Tuesdays with Morrie author Mitch Albom
I guess you can tell I am in love with quotes . . .
Condensed pearls of wisdom can stop us in our tracks and remind us of – or introduce us to – something essential.
I particularly believe in keeping inspirational quotes in sight, in mind.
Instead of reading a quote that reminds us of the wonder of life and thinking “Wow, that’s great” and then going about our day; posting quotes on our refrigerator or near our desk — or printing them out and keeping them in our purse or wallet — keeps them top of mind.
For example, if you were feeling a little down today, imagine how uplfiting it would be to see this insight from cyclist/cancer survivor Lance Armstrong, “I take nothing for granted. I now only have good days or great days.”
Wouldn’t that put things in perspective? That’s the power of the right words at the right time.
Here are my 10 favorite inspiring quotes on how to lead a life we love – pulled from the more than 2000 (!) quotes featured in my books POP! Tongue Fu!®, ConZentrate, Take the Bully by the Horns, What’s Holding you Back? and the upcoming SerenDestiny.
Hope you enjoy them and keep them where you can see them on a daily basis so you create the quality of life you want now, not someday.
1. “If there were a rehab for curiosity; I’d be in it.” – CBS news anchor Diane Sawyer
2. “To succeed, we must live from our imaginations; not our memories.” – Stephen Covey
3. “When I die, I want to come back as . . . me.” – NBA team owner Mark Cuban
4. “A lot of what we ascribe to luck is not luck at all. It’s seizing the day and accepting responsibility for your future. It’s seeing what other people don’t see and pursuing that vision.” -Starbucks’ Howard Schultz
5. “There’s no such thing as a wrong note as long as you’re singing.” – singer Pete Seeger
6. “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” – columnist Maureen Dowd
7. “There is moment in every child’s life where a door opens and lets the future in.” – author Graham Greene
8. “What a wonderful life I’ve had. I only wish I’d realized it sooner.” – singer Colette
9. “Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told, ‘I am with you, kid. Let’s go.'” – author Maya Angelou
10. Before there were drawing boards, what did we go back to?” – comedian George Carlin
Oh what the heck – I’m on a roll and can’t stop. Here are some more quotes that can help us see life as a blessing, not a burden.
11. “Guard your good mood.” – Academy Award-winning actress Meryl Streep
12. “To do what you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?” – Katherine Graham of the Washington Post
13. “People treat you the way you teach them to treat you.” – author Jack Canfield
14. “”At the moment of truth; there are either reasons or results.” – aviation pioneer Chuck Yeager
15. “I have the world’s best job. I get paid to hang out in my imagination all day.” – author Stephen King
16. “Let us then, be up and doing.” – author Longfellow
17. “I have found if you love life, life will love you back.” – composer/painist Arthur Rubenstein
18. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, no one thinks of changing himself.” – author Leo Tolstoy
19. “If you wait to write, you’re not a writer, you’re a waiter.” – self-publishing pioneer Dan Poynter
20. “It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. Intuition tells my thinking mind where to look next.” – Jonas Salk
21. “When I saw Ellen DeGeneres at the cover shoot for O, I didn’t even have to ask how she was; it showed on her face. It radiated the type of happiness and peace that only happends when we’re living at our highest potential.” – Oprah
22. “Is there ever any particular spot where one can put one’s finger and say, “It all began that day, at such a time and such a place, with such an incident?’ – Agatha Christie
23. “The purpose of life is to matter; to feel it’s made some difference that we have lived at all.” – Leo Rosten
24. “The feeling of putting yourself on the line, putting your talent out there and betting on yourself, is the most exhilarating feeling in the world.” – Conan O’Brien
25. “When I was a carpenter, I wokred with a Russina lady architect who would respond to requests for changes with, ‘ No limit for better.’ I think that’s a worthy credo.” – Harrison Ford
Do you have favorite quotes that have helped you lead a “mo betta” life?
You are welcome to email them to us at Sam@SamHorn.com. I look forward to seeing them and sharing them in future SerenDestiny blogs and presentations so other people can be inspired too.